Do You Want To Handstand?
Get your handstand🤸🏻♀️ fast!💥2 exercises that will get you closer to the elusive handstand!🙃
I was 37 years old when I first started learning how to handstand. I was never a gymnast and I had never done anything “advanced” before in my life. I decided to get the BEST teachers on the planet… circus performers! Here are two drills my circus coach taught me to do every day.
The L shape on the Wall
- This is a great way to increase your shoulder and wrist flexibility. You want to get your hips over your shoulders so measure a “leg length” distance from the wall to your hands.
- Then, measure where to step parallel to the floor (most people place their legs higher than parallel due to the load on the shoulders).⠀
- Step up on the wall and press hips over shoulders. The goal is here is just time. How long can you hold it?
- Try for 3 sets of 15 to 30 seconds every day!
Hollow Body Wall Plank⠀
Second, we have the amazing hollow body wall plank.
- From Downward Dog, step as high as you can on the wall.
- Then tuck your tailbone, chin, and press shoulders up!
- The goal here is like the L Shape drill, time. How long can you hold this shape!?!
- Try to do 3 sets of 10-30 seconds every day.
If you do these drills every time you practice, you’ll be handstanding in no time!🤸🏻♀️ Check out my Instagram post to see a video of how to get into these wall drills.
View this post on Instagram
Get my Handstand Trainer Ebook on sale for 50% off! Learn how to balance on your hands!
💥50% off💥my Handstand Trainer Ebook! Use “FIFTYOFF”.
If you are looking for a program to follow to make you strong and flexible for handstands, join my BYG Method! I have TONS of training content to help you!
If you are not a member, take a free 7-day trial! No risk. Cancel anytime.